Tree Service Clovis is a Tree service in California. We service to the Clovis and Madera areas. We are a family owned business and have been providing all types of tree-related services for the last 25 years. We are a member of the International Society of Arboriculture and have many certified Arborists available to handle any tree need. We know the area, as well as all the kinds of trees that grow here and can definitely help you with any tree, need you might have. Whether it be tree trimming, removal, pruning, emergencies, or stump removals, our certified Arborists have the tools and knowledge to give you the highest quality of tree service in Clovis.
A city in Fresno County, Clovis us located just 6.5 miles northeast of downtown Fresno. The city sits on a total area of 25.53 square miles, with 0.12 square miles being water and 25.41 being land. A named Tree City USA, Clovis is dedicated to improving its urban forestry by adding trees to its parks and street areas.
Clovis City is in the USDA Hardiness Zone 9b. The city has sweltering, clear, and arid summers, with the winters being wet, partly cloudy, and cold. Annually, Clovis gets 13 inches of rain. Trees that do well in the city include:
- Fremont cottonwood – A medium to large tree, Fremont cottonwood grows to a height of 39 to 114 feet, with a spread of 35 feet. When young, the tree has a smooth bark which becomes fissured with whitish cracks as the tree grows older. The tree has a fast growth rate, generally gaining up to 10 feet per year.
- Western sycamore – One of the best landscape trees, western sycamore grows to a height of 20 to 115 feet and a spread of 50 feet. The tree has an upright, columnar growth habit, with a rounded crown. The tree has beautiful bark, with areas of white, pinkish-gray and pale tan when young. The bark is darker and peels away on older trees.
- Red willow – A medium-sized tree, red willow matures at a height and width of 30 to 50 feet. The tree’s bark is grayish, ridged, though it tends to turn reddish with age. The tree’s form is variable, although it often grows in multiple winding trunks. Red willow features shiny green leaves that are 3 to 4 inches in length and produces yellow flowers that appear in drooping catkins.
- Oregon ash – Featuring an upright growth habit, Oregon ash grows at a moderate to fast growth rate, reaching maturity at a height of 35 to 82 feet. The tree has pinnately compound leaves and generally sheds in the winter season. Flowering in the spring season, Oregon ash produces green flowers.
The city of Clovis has approximately 285 acres of City Parks. Filled with trees, playgrounds, and relaxing areas, these parks make it possible for the residents to distance themselves from the busy city life. Below are some of the popular parks:
- Cottonwood park – Though relatively small, Cottonwood park is neat and features a stream, holding pond and a bike path. The park has huge sections of well-maintained grass, play structures, and relaxing areas shaded with native trees.
- Railroad Park – A tranquil neighborhood park, Railroad Park features picnic pavilions, paved trails, BBQ grills, and numerous playgrounds. The park is designed to be very family-friendly, peaceful, and quiet. Visitors can spend their time either active or resting under the park’s numerous trees.
The Street Maintenance Division provides corrective and preventative maintenance for trees standing on city-owned land. Also, the city makes plans for planting and removal of trees in the city’s parks and the streets. Property owners with trees growing on their land are encouraged to take care of the trees, ensuring that they are both healthy and safe.
Why You Should Hire A Tree Service in Clovis Professional
Working with trees can be very dangerous work, especially for someone without the right experience, knowledge, and tools. While pruning, or trimming, or removing a tree may seem like something you can do for yourself with a little research, these projects are not do-it-yourself. Trees can weigh up to a couple of tons and their branches can easily reach a few hundred pounds. A mistake with something that heavy can result in very costly damages as well as life-threatening situations. Hiring tree service in Clovis professionals that guarantee that your tree situation will go over without a hitch in an efficient manner.
Professional Clovis Tree Services
We offer the best tree services in Clovis. We take special care to cater to your needs as well as keeping the health of your landscape in mind. Our certified Arborists oversee all of our projects to ensure that the project is completed correctly and is adherence to all of your specifications as well as within regulation to the codes existing in Clovis. Our specialty is working in tightly enclosed spaces, so whether it’s a city job surrounded by buildings and people or a job in a rural area, we will be more than capable to take care of your tree situation. Our main services include tree removal, tree trimming, tree pruning, and emergency tree removal. If you aren’t sure what kind of service you may need or how much that may cost, give us a call and we would be more than happy to give you a free quote over the phone; or send one of our Arborists over to take a closer professional look at the situation.
Clovis Tree Removal
Removing a tree is one of the most dangerous jobs in the tree care industry and requires a great deal for experience along with the correct machinery. It should also be considered a last resort after every other solution has been ruled out. The general rule of thumb that we use in the tree care industry is that the only time a tree should be removed is if it is dead or dying, becoming a hazard, creating an obstruction, or if it needs to be replaced. There are also other circumstances that can come about and require removal like when a tree infringes on property lines or city regulations. However, most of those kinds of cases can be resolved without actually removing the tree. The process of removing a tree in Clovis involves digging cutting the larger branches of the tree, then cutting the trunk. If need be, the pieces of the removed tree will then be moved around and disposed of via crane and truck.
Clovis Tree Trimming
Clovis tree trimming is the process of removing large parts of a tree that are an issue. A tree may need to be trimmed if it has large dead or dying branches close to falling, if the tree is growing in the direction of a powerline or building, or if the branches are obstructing roadways. The process of tree trimming Clovis usually involves either removing or thinning parts of the tree until it is no longer a hazard. For large branches, the branch is first secured, then cut, then lowered down for disposal.
Clovis Tree Pruning
Tree pruning Clovis is similar to tree trimming in that pieces of the tree are being altered or removed. The difference is that pruning is usually more for maintenance, aesthetics, and health. Pruning is often used to stop potential hazards with a tree preemptively. Pruning is also most common earlier in a trees life because that is when the tree can be best conditioned to grow in a certain way and small cuts and adjustments to the canopy will not leave as many scars. A general rule in pruning is that every cut and alteration should have a specific reason behind it. No parts should be removed for no reason. Those reasons can range from adhering to a certain aesthetic to the fact that certain branches are preventing other parts of the tree from getting enough sunlight. Incorrect pruning can lead to problems later on in the tree’s life.
Clovis Emergency Tree Removal
When there’s a tree emergency, our Clovis tree removal services is available to take your call 24/7. Whether if it’s a tree that fell into the street or a tree getting ready to fall and create damage or any kind of situation where a tree needs to be handled immediately in the Clovis and Madera area, we can be on the scene and taking action in no time. We have all the tools needed to take care of any and all precarious situations that your tree may have found itself in. It is important to remember that although it is an emergency situation, trying to resolve the issue without the proper knowledge and tools can create more problems and require the project to take much longer than it originally would have.
An Arborist Clovis is a professional in the tree care industry who has been certified by the International Society of Arboriculture. To become an Arborist, it requires at least 3 years of experience in the tree care field and you need to pass their comprehensive exam covering information on the biology of trees, the different ways to care for different trees, climate, tree care techniques, and many more other topics needed to effectively work with trees. Our Arborists hold up to the ISA standards and are always continuing the education to always have the most updated knowledge for tree care. If you are unsure of the state of your tree or landscape, call us now and we will send one of our Arborists over to take a look and give you a tree diagnosis—information regarding the health and safety of your landscape, as well as what needs to be done or may need to be done in the near future to maintain your trees and landscape.